One of the most popular vehicles at our Union County NJ dealership location is the 2017 Jeep Cherokee because of the capabilities and features you can get in a smaller package than typical SUVs. That means it feels more like you’re driving a car on roads like I-78, the Turnpike and the Parkway.
There are a few changes that you should know about from the initial announcement of the 2016 Cherokee, including the first full year of a new trim and updated standard features in select models.
2017 Jeep Cherokee Overland
Introduced in the middle of the 2016 model year, the Jeep Cherokee Overland is the top-of-the-line trim of this crossover.
Because of that, you can get access to premium amenities including:
- Leather-wrapped instrument panel & Nappa leather seating
- Power heated/ventilated front seats with 4-way power lumbar
- New Jeep steering wheel with Zebrano high-gloss wood trim
- Uconnect 8.4 NAV with Alpine premium audio system, 3D navigation, SiriusXM satellite radio/Travel Link/Traffic, Uconnect Access Advantage, HD Radio & Bluetooth
- Memory capability for the driver’s seat, radio & exterior mirrors
- Bright door sill plates
- Berber floor mats
In addition, 2 new packages are offered to give the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Overland even more capability: the Heavy Duty Protection Group (skid plates & full-size spare tire) and Trailer Tow Prep Package (trailer-tow wiring harness, auxiliary transmission oil cooler, HD engine cooling & full-size spare tire).
New Standard Amenities
The updated Cherokee adds even more amenities. For starters, every trim except the Sport now comes standard with High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps to make seeing at night & in inclement weather so much easier.
If you love going off-road, then the 2017 Jeep Cherokee is the right choice because of the Trailhawk trim’s Active Drive Lock 4×4 system that gives you a mechanical rear axle lock, 56:1 crawl ratio for a more-controlled throttle response and an exclusive Rock driving mode.
Speaking of the Trailhawk, it also gives you an updated standard feature lineup that’ll make any trip on and off the road more fun including:
- Heated steering wheel
- Nappa leather heated/ventilated front seats
- Power 8-way driver’s seat
- Power liftgate
- Keyless Enter ‘n Go & remote start system
- Universal garage door opener
There’s a 2017 Jeep Cherokee for every driver shopping for a new compact crossover SUV in Central New Jersey. Please contact our team to schedule a test drive of this capable and feature-packed vehicle!