After years of waiting, the Ram Heavy Duty truck lineup has been revamped inside & out! That’s right, the 2019 Ram 2500 and 2019 Ram 3500 are changing the way you look at a heavy-duty pickup in Central New Jersey because of its updated look, feature lineup and capabilities.
For 2019, each 2500 & 3500 trim will offer unique interlocking design cues to match its style. Some of the new appearance features for the exterior include:
- 6 grille options that don’t even closely resemble the classic crosshair look
- New front bumper with larger openings for better airflow
- Drawn body-side character line flowing from the front fender to the cab doors
- Interlocking side-step designed with deep tread patterns & the RAM logo
The trims to be available on both models include the Tradesman, Big Horn/Lone Star, Laramie, Laramie Longhorn & Limited, along with the Ram 2500-exclusive Power Wagon. Depending on the model, you can get 4×2 or 4×4 versions with the following configurations:
- Regular Cab with an 8.0′ box
- Crew Cab with an 8.0′ box
- Crew Cab with a 6’4 box
- Mega Cab with a 6’4 box
But these trucks are more than just pretty faces.
When shopping for a 2019 Ram 2500 or 2019 Ram 3500 at our dealership serving Springfield NJ, you’ll be able to pick from a number of models with impressive power. In fact, the new maximum payload capacity is an astonishing 7,680 lbs and the updated maximum towing capacity is 35,100 lbs, so you can haul whatever you need to for business or pleasure.
There are 3 different engine & transmission choices to choose from for these pickups. They’re comprised of:
- 6.4L HEMI V8, paired with TorqueFlite 8HP75 8-speed automatic transmission, that produces 410 hp and 429 lb/ft of torque
- Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel, paired with an upgraded 68RFE 6-speed automatic transmission, delivering 370 hp & 850 lb/ft of torque
- Cummins 6.7L high-output Turbo Diesel, paired with Aisin AS69RC 6-speed automatic transmission, trucking unprecedented power rated at 400 hp & 1,000 lb/ft of torque
The performance has been enhanced both on and off the road thanks to the following updates:
- All-new frame with 98.5% high-strength steel, 6 separate crossmembers, hydroformed main rails & fully boxed rear rails
- New braking system with upgraded calipers, booster & master cylinder
- Frequency Response Damping (FRD) shocks
- Available Active-Level rear air suspension with a bed-lowering mode
- Hotchkiss rear leaf-spring system with optional air suspension (2019 Ram 3500 only)
- All-new integrated front-mounted WARN Zeon-12 winch with a unique fairlead & fairlead retainer that doesn’t fray or kink (2019 Ram 2500 Power Wagon only)
Even Safer Than Ever Before
The 2019 Ram 2500 & 2019 Ram 3500 models coming to our Union County NJ dealership location will now offer a total of more than 100 available safety & security features that are designed to not only keep you protected during a collision, but to prevent accidents altogether. For starters, the high-strength steel in the body panels & core structure will withstand more of an impact so you and your passengers will feel it less.
But we hope you’ll never have to use them. New-for-2019 technologies such as these will hopefully make that come true:
- Automatic emergency braking to bring your truck to a stop when it senses you’re approaching the vehicle in front of you too quickly
- Blind spot monitoring to indicate when a vehicle is in one of your blind spots
- Rear cross-path detection to alert you when a vehicle is approaching you from either side when backing out of a parking spot
- Backup sensors with a wider span of coverage (2019 Ram 3500 only)
- Tire pressure monitoring system that lets you monitor up to 6 tires on the pickup & up to 12 trailer tires
These add to the many other amenities to keep your family & cargo safe such as the cargo view camera, ParkSense front & rear park assist system and 360 camera to help you avoid obstacles. Not to mention the airbags that deploy in the event of a collision.
Loads of Upgrades Added Inside
There are plenty of new features to take advantage of in either the 2019 Ram 2500 or 2019 Ram 3500 to ensure that you have fun driving your truck. The first is the Uconnect 4C NAV infotainment system that provides a 12” touchscreen display that lets you run 2 applications at once thanks to the split screen capability.
This infotainment system also includes SiriusXM with 360L. Not only does it let you access 200+ channels of commercial-free content & thousands of hours of on-demand programming, but it will also personalize content recommendations based on what you’ve already listened to
Other innovations & updates that are now available for the Ram Heavy Duty truck family include:
- 7” full-color 3D animation-capable driver information display with reconfigurable function for personalizing info inside the instrument cluster
- Push button ignition
- New shifter area with Hill Descent Control, axle lock & transfer case controls
- Redesigned rotary e-shifter dial (HEMI V8 models only)
- Active noise cancellation system & acoustic glass for a quieter ride
- More than 120% additional storage capacity vs the closest competitor, with the Mega Cab offering up to 258 liters of storage thanks to the additoin of 2 bins behind the rear seats
- Up to 3 3-prong 115-volt household plugs & 5 USB ports including type-C ports
Salerno Duane Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram will have all the information you need about the 2019 Ram 2500 and 2019 Ram 3500 models, including when these pickup trucks will be arriving at our Summit NJ showroom location. Contact us today to stay up to date on the Ram Heavy Duty truck lineup!