The all-new 2019 Ram 1500 is already redefining what a pickup truck is in the Central New Jersey area since a lot of what you love is still there, but improved upon greatly. It’s a combination of amazing features with a redesigned look and even better capability under the hood.
It’s not just customers who are talking about this amazing pickup truck. The revamped Ram 1500 has already won numerous awards including:
- Cars.com Best of Show Award at the 2018 North American International Auto Show
- 2018 Ward’s 10 Best Interiors List
- TAWA Luxury Pickup Truck of Texas
- SAMA Sunny Pickup Truck
- GAAMA Best Family Car & Best Family Truck
- NWAPA Mudfest Pickups category winner
Before we get into what’s new, the 2019 Ram 1500 is offered in the Tradesman, Big Horn, Rebel, Laramie, Laramie Longhorn & Limited trims. Even though this is fewer trim choices than the 2018 edition, you’ll get even more of this truck.
Redesigned With You in Mind
No matter which 2019 Ram 1500 you choose at our dealership serving Springfield NJ, you’ll get a new look and feel that just makes this truck even more desirable. In terms of the appearance, the “unbreakable interlocking” theme can be seen through its:
- Chiseled Ram’s head logo & “RAM” grilles up front
- All-new full LED adaptive front-lighting system with twin bi-functional projector headlamps, fog lamps & tail lamps
- Improved aerodynamics
The space inside this pickup has increased in length by 4”, making it even more comfortable for you and your passengers. Also onboard for your convenience are the following new features and design cues:
- Center console with 12 different storage configuration options up front
- All-new switch bank with dedicated toggle switches, wireless charging dock & up to 5 multifunction USB ports
- True flat-load floor with integrated RamBins with tie-down rings & expandable under seat storage in the 2nd row
- 2nd-row 8-degree slide reclining seats
Innovative Tech Made For You
We know that you want the world at your fingertips when you’re on the road. And the 2019 Ram 1500 can do just that whether you’re driving around town in Union County or on busy highways like the NJ Turnpike, Garden State Parkway and I-78 thanks to 4th-generation Uconnect with either a 8.4” touchscreen or a huge & new 12” display with a split-screen functionality for operating 2 applications at the same time.
Adding to the appeal of this infotainment system are the following available features for your convenience and listening pleasure:
- SiriusXM with 360L personalized listening experience for smart content & recommendations and thousands of hours of on-demand audio
- SiriusXM Guardian Connected Services with 4G Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- 19-speaker Harman Kardon audio system with 900-watt amplifier & 10″ subwoofer
- Navigation system with 1-step voice-controlled destination entry & enhanced 3D map graphics
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay for simple smartphone integration to do numerous functions
You’ll also be pleased to know that the Ram 1500 gives you access to over 100 safety & security features, including many that are new for 2019. One of them is the Surround View Camera, which displays a 360-degree bird’s-eye view of what’s surrounding the truck on the Uconnect touchscreen, to simplify the process of parking your pickup and avoiding obstacles in the road.
A few of the other new-for-2019 amenities offered to help prevent accidents on the road include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop, Go & Hold: maintains a set distance from the vehicle in front of you automatically
- Forward Collision Warning-Plus: alerts you when a collision is imminent and applies the brakes automatically in conjunction with driver response
- LaneSense Lane Departure Warning-Plus: warns you when your 1500 is drifting from the lane you’re in & assists with corrective action
- ParkSense Parallel/Perpendicular Park and Hill-start Assist: helps you perform technical maneuvers thanks to ultrasonic sensors
Capability to Meet Your Driving Needs
The 2019 Ram 1500 has been reengineered to give you even more under the hood with a weight reduction of about 225 lbs. Even with less weight, you still get more power. In fact, the maximum payload capacity has gone up to 2,300 lbs and the maximum towing capacity has increased to an impressive 12,750 lbs, so you can bring even more cargo along for business or pleasure.
And believe it or not, fuel efficiency is also going to increased thanks to the eTorque mild hybrid system (belt-drive motor generator unit & 48-volt battery pack). Offered on the models equipped with the 3.6L Pentastar V6 and 5.7L HEMI V8 using TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmission, this system gives you start-stop function, brake energy regeneration for the battery and short-term torque assist for both engines adding 90 and 130 more lb/ft, respectively.
Other highlights under the hood that give you a smooth ride on or off the road include:
- New frame with 98% high-strength steel
- Frequency Response Damping shocks
- Next-generation air suspension
- 14.9″ front brakes
- 4×4 Off-road Package with an electronic locking rear axle, tuned shocks, hill descent control & a 1″ suspension lift
Salerno Duane Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram has plenty of 2019 Ram 1500 models available at our Summit NJ dealership location, so contact our team to schedule your test drive to determine which pickup truck is right for you!