The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon has been officially unveiled and boy is it impressive! The supercharged 6.2L HEMI V8 under the hood produces unprecedented numbers in a production muscle car: 840 horsepower and 770 lb/ft of torque.
The Dodge Demon is capable of going from 0-30 mph in just 1 second, 0-60 mph in just 2.3 seconds and a quarter mile at 140 in mph in just 9.65 seconds. Not to mention the 1.8 g g-force acceleration and the Guinness World Record-breaking 2.92-ft wheelie from a standing start.
That’s because this 6.2L HEMI Demon V8 uses upgrades including:
- Larger 2.7L-per-rev supercharger that offers 14.5-psi boost pressure
- Higher rpm limit of 6,500 to accommodate the increased torque
- SRT Power Chiller™ & After-Run Chiller to keep air intake up to 45-degrees cooler
This muscle car is so powerful & fast that it has been banned from competition at the drag strip by the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA). Good thing the NHRA doesn’t control the roads of Central New Jersey since this vehicle is street legal!
How the 2018 Dodge Demon Delivers
In addition to the supercharged HEMI V8, the Air-Grabber™ induction system includes a functional hood scoop that measures 45.2”. This is the largest on any production vehicle and helps intake air along with the driver-side Air-Catcher™ headlamp & inlet near the wheel liner.
The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is designed to exhilarate while satisfying your need for speed. Here are some of the 1st-in-production-car features that help make that happen:
- TransBrake: locks the output shaft of the TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmission for more powerful & quicker launches
- Torque Reserve: boosts airflow & supercharger rpm before launch for quicker acceleration
- Drag Mode Launch Assist: prevents wheel hop during launch by increasing traction
- Drag Mode suspension tuning: improves traction by transferring weight to the rear wheels
There are 3 driving modes offered, with the SRT Demon-exclusive Drag Mode being optimized for the strip and Auto (Street) Mode that’s designed for driving around town or highways like I-78, the Turnpike and the Parkway. There’s also a Custom Mode that lets you combine elements from both for a personalized driving experience.
There are also options available to ensure you get the drive you desire, including:
- Direct Connection engine controller that’s calibrated for 100+ unleaded high-octane fuel
- Narrow “front runner” wheels to reduce weight at the drag strip
- Front passenger seat eject capability to lower weight or add storage space
- Demon Crate that gives you performance parts for the drag strip and personalization with your name, VIN & serial #
Only 3,000 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon models will be available in the US. There are 14 color choices available in this special Dodge Challenger and you’ll get a full-day session at Bob Bondurant School of High-performance Driving if you buy it.
Contact Salerno Duane Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Summit NJ to learn more about this unique muscle car!